Profile picture for sollers

I believe there is a Rental Fraud going on with a property I saw listed on here. I no longer see it.

The address is 6560 Perfect View Colorado Springs, CO 80919.  The "owner" goes by Christopher B. Roberts and says he's in Tampa, FL for work for 5 years.  He speaks with a very heavy accent and calls from a NY phone number.  518-241-6526.  He's asking $1500/mo for his 3000sq ft home.  In the last 2 days Zillow had 2 listings for this home.  One was for $1750 and one was for $1500.  I don't see either listing this morning when I search.

September 15 2013 - Colorado Springs

I manage a large portfolio of rental homes in Colorado Springs and advertise them all on Zillow in addition to several other sites.  Nearly 50% of them are copied and fraudulently reposted.  The only thing I can advise is to use common sense when looking for a rental home.  If it looks "to good to be true" it is!  I live in 80919 and if the home is in nice condition a home like that should typically rent for $1800 - $2100/mo.  If the home you are looking at is far below all of the others in the same area....just walk away.  Unfortunately these con artists prey on peoples desperation and end up convincing people to send them money with the promise of getting a "really good deal" on a home...then when they show up to move in find out someone else is living in the house.  I have 3-4 people every year knock on my tenants doors thinking they are moving in after falling for the same scam.  

REMEMBER...IF IT LOOKS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE ONLINE - IT IS

Here's a link to Zillow's FAQ on scams and internet fraud.  The FAQ includes some details related to reporting it both to Zillow and the authorities.

You can also call the Attorney General and report the fraud. You have to be very careful and never send any money, make sure the person you are renting from is the person on the deed for the property or a credible property management company. Good luck!

Then likely someone reported it - you can flag it when you see it and it's removed.