Profile picture for motka

I bought a short sales house now my name on title,.owner does not want to move out

I bought a short sales house and my name on title now. But owner told me they will move out a week ago and now when seller agent asked them again for moving date and they said they lost a lot and they do not care whatever I want to do, do it.
What should I do, please advice me.

Motka
  • July 21 2011 - US
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for JarydRuffner
Sounds to me like your agent should have taken you back for a final walk-through the home before closing. My advice would be to offer them a cash incentive to move out quickly and leave the home in good condition. Find a Cash-for-keys agreement online and make a deal with them in lieu of having to legally evict them.

For the recommended "kick in the tush", you can write a review of the agent on Zillow and describe that your agent didn't do his/her job hence your current headache.

Profile picture for Michael Helton
Do not forget to give your agent a kick in the tush for not doing their job properly.

If it was me I would actually get the agent to pay for the cash-for-keys since they failed you.  In my state that would be a valid complaint with the Real Estate  Department.

Jaryd gives good advice. Offer them "cash for keys" if they get out in a quick time period. Let them know if they don't get out, then you will have to evict them. Contact your Town Offices to find out the eviction process in your area.

Profile picture for motka
thank you for quick response. One more quesiton. Can I file 'small claims court'?