I cannot edit my own listing because of Owners.com?!?

Ive had my home listed For Sale By Owner for several months... I listed it on Zillow several months ago, but when I just checked the other day, it looks like Owners.com somehow took over and deleted my listing and added there own.  I no longer can add/or edit info on my home on Zillow because of this, or even relist my home. Months ago I had signed up for a free 30 day trial with Owners.com, but never used it went beyond that. All i want is access to my home on Zillow again. Ive already deactived my account on Owners.com, at least that I can tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just want access to my own home on Zillow again!

• May 28 2012 - Charlotte
  • 0

When you canceled your account on owners.com, did you first cancel your listing on owners.com?   If I'm understanding properly, they still have an active listing feeding to Zillow?

You can also go into your listing here on Zillow and flag it....report a problem with it.Do it tomorrow during the business day though.

I didnt even realize I still had a listing on Owners.com until I checked my Zillow profile, which I do every week or so. I noticed my listing had been delted and theirs was added. Personally, I dont quite understand why they have the right to do so. I did also flag the listing and explained the problem. Im hoping by tomorrow at this time ill have access to my own home on Zillow again!

You will also need to communicate with owners.com as it sounds like they accidentally activated your old listing so it may be feeding to a number of sites.

I had the same problem with Owners.com. AFTER my free listing expired, they hijacked my Zillow listing and took it over so I no longer could edit it. I found out that they were taking my emails from Zillow, and they would not give me the potential buyers information unless I paid owners.com to upgrade my listing! I don't want to do business with Owners.com at all after that, beware of the free listing. Now I have missed several calls from potential buyers because of Owners.com. I emailed Zillow about the problem. I also deleted the listing from owners.com and filed a complaint with them. I hope Zillow fixes this problem, It concerns me that I had an active Zillow listing and it was taken over by someone else without Zillow first contacting me via email to get my permission.

Profile picture for dbrycep33
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but yikes! Wish I had seen this thread before I listed with Owners.com. My "free" listing is about to expire, and I want to be proactive about preventing this from happening to me. I would like to delete my listing, and then my account on that site...but can not figure out how. I only see an option to change the status of the listing. Can anybody offer any assistance?
  • April 27