I completed an appraisal on my home for a refi. Your site has my home 15% lower then what the apprai

June 12 2013 - Concord

It's especially irrelevant for a refi. I can at least understand why some people get irritated with a low Zestimate when they have an appraisal in hand and are selling at a fair price and Zillow says lower. Unfortunately people making offers DO look at ZIllow so I get it. However, on a refinance... the bank could care less what Zillow says. (unless you have a "make me move" price on your home.

Tip of the day. Remove "make me move" before starting your refi, SOME lenders view this as your home being listed... and technically if you you advertise a price you will accept to sell: you listed it. 

I agree with what Jacob said - you need to forget about the zestimate.......seriously.............it is meaningless

Put weight in what the appraiser said.........put even more weight in what you sell the home for, ff and when you sell..........as the true "value" of your home is what someone is willing to pay for it.

A perspective buyer will want to know what the recent comps (closed sales)  in the area are........not what the zestimate is!

An appraisal is the only way to receive and unbiased professional estimate of value. There is no way Zillow can be relied upon or should be expected to be accurate.