Profile picture for rpuetter

I corrected house facts and there is no change in estimated value. Why?

The house now has double the living space, and extra bedroom, new windows and doors, new roof, new garage, and a large new patio. I entered these facts over a month ago and all that happened was the zillow estimate of my homes value fell $2,000. Did I forget to do something?
  • May 08 2014 - North Clairemont
  • 0

When one edits home facts, it takes about two months for the benefits to fully reflect in the Zestimate.   You can learn more in the FAQ "What is a Zestimate?"

As you created this profile on 4/27/2014, it may not have been a month yet.

Hi there,

Many homeowners look to Zillow for the value on their homes. But unlike a human agent, no one at Zillow looks at the properties, then updates values as market activity changes, or homeowners make improvements to their homes. It takes a long time for such information to catch up, and even then, I wouldn't rely on Zillow for an accurate market value. It's fun to watch Zillow Zestimates, but remember, no real estate professional would rely on Zillow, or any other consumer real estate web site, for any real estate transaction, whether purchase, sale or refinance.

Most real estate agents would be happy to provide a current value estimate for your home, based on the current market.

Warm Regards,

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
CalBRE Lic # 01443391

Hi rpuetter,
The Zillow estimate is really unreliable. It goes off algorithms that are really hard to decipher and affect/control. If you are interested in the current market value for your home, I would be happy to work on an estimate for you. Contact me directly and I can get you some reliable information.

Sinead McAllister