I corrected my square feet of living area from 641, to 1464, Why did my value go down in stead of up

I thought my home value woud increase as Zillow had my home size much smaller and I corrected it; Instead my value decreased!  Why?  Can you take a moment and fix this?  My house is well built, timber construction, notty pine walls, and oak floors.....Please fix this for me.  Joanne

• May 08 2012 - Blandford
  • 0

You must have accidentally changed the other values... Is this a for sale by owner?

[hotlink removed by Zillow Moderator.Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

As  you edited square footage two days ago, the change you see is most likely just from the normal Zestimate calculation.  The edits will be phased in over the next couple of months. 

But the value went down, Why?

In the Zillow FAQ "What is a Zestimate?", they describe that after edits of home facts the benefit to the Zestimate is phased in over about 8 weeks.   As you edited your home facts two days ago, you've not yet seen the benefits.