I declared bankruptcy 6 years ago and my mortgage was not reaffirmed. I have always made my mortgag

May 14 2013 - Town of Madison

Have the mortgage payments been showing up on your credit report? If they have, I would have your loan officer take a full application and run automated underwriting to see what it says. Enough time has passed that the bankruptcies themselves will not hold you back from getting an approval. But because of the bankruptcy, your credit profile will be scrutinized a little more than someone who didn't declare bankruptcy. Hopefully, you haven't had any late payments since the discharge as this is what will derail most people with a previous BK. If the mortgages were not reporting, the loan officer can attempt a line update to get your mortgages to report correctly. If this doesn't work, you will have to work with the mortgage companies to get you to report correctly. This might be as simple as a couple phone calls or it may require you to hire a credit repair company to help. Hard to say for sure without knowing the whole picture but I know enough to encourage you to apply for a mortgage to see what you qualify for. 

I just got a loan approved with a BK only 3 years from the discharge date.  As long as you Loan officer does their homework, it should be pretty easy for them to let you know if you will be able to get an approval.  Feel free to email me for any assistance on receiving further information or assitance. 

You should have some good options both on Conventional and FHA financing as long as you've kept your credit clean since the bankruptcy. 

You may be able to do this. Even if something was late back then you have in all likelihood served the necessary waiting period of 4 years for a conventional loan. You should check your credit or have someone check it for you. We can start there and see how you look. Good luck!

I would think it could be done.  How is the 2nd mortgage reporting to the credit bureau?  Has it been showing paid on time since you found out about it so for 5+ years?   If yes you should be fine. 

Get with a mortgage lender and find out.

[content removed by Zillow because of spam.  Please refer to our Good Neighbor Policy for more details.] 

Sorry, not sure if my question is cut off for everyone so here is the complete question...
I declared bankruptcy 6 years ago and my mortgage was not reaffirmed.  I have always made my mortgage payments and want to refinance, but don't know if it is possible.  Full disclosure---due to bad information from bankruptcy firm I was working with I did not pay my home equity 6 years ago for a few months because that is what I thought I should do.  Didn't know it was technically a 2nd mortgage.  Once I got served, I paid up and paid extra and have made my payments since then.  Can anyone help?