I do not give permission for Zestimate to be used on my listings. How can I take it off?

The owner of one of my properties is irate that your Zestimate is showing up on his listing.  How do I remove?
  • July 29 2011 - Mandeville

If necessary, add an explanation of why the Zestimate is flawed in your comments section (ex: Zestimate result of comp. family sale below 90% below market value etc.). 

Profile picture for New_Englander
So frustrating.  Unless the house does not have a Zillow listing at all (more and more uncommon) the zestimate will still be out there for anyone with an internet connection to see, even if the for sale listing is not listed on Zillow.

With the new, highly suspect algorithm (my house lost $80,000 in two weeks and continues to have dramatic drops with each update (done at arbitrary times)), being listed on Zillow is problematic.  Some people DO take the zestimate as gospel.  I live in a sparsely-populated area and as such there are few recent sales.  It seems zestimates are wildly influenced by recent sales.  We had one sale which as far as I can tell was to a family member, as a $450,000 house went for $60,000 (less than a foreclosure would), and one foreclosure where a house went for about $100,000 less than it might otherwise have.  We haven't had any typical sales recently.

Unfortunately Zillow doesn't permit removal of the Zestimate from any property.  You can learn more about this in their FAQ here.

Your best option is to not advertise their property on Zillow or any of the other AVM sites.   Part of the educational role of an agent (IMHO) is to educate clients about the strengths and weakness of AVMs,  prepare solid CMAs that you can share with potential buyers and prepare marketing to show how the price is justified.