Profile picture for bsheaffer17

I don't see my rental ad, yet my card was charged 3x. Your site said my card was "invalid"-not corre

• November 12 2011 - Fairland
  • 0

Profile picture for Neil R
  • Neil RZillow
Hi bsheaffer17 -

Linking your other thread here, I checked our system and it appears the initial charge did not go thru to due to failure of address verification.  

Sometimes what happens, is the bank thinks we are trying to charge you multiple times. These charges will appear as pending on your statement. Please look at your statement and see if you see "pending" next to the charge(s). When the bank realizes we didn't charge you, the pending payment(s) drop off.

This can occur for a number of reasons, but mostly its from hitting submit more than once.

The most common error, is putting in the wrong zip code. Also, we do not accept corporate cards, canadian cards, or P.O. Box  #'s.

Neil

It is weird, but I am sure that Zillow can check on it and get it taken care of. Since you cannot flag yourself and you haven't gotten a reply, flagged your question so hopefully that will help.

Profile picture for bsheaffer17
Thanks for the answer, I was hoping that the ad went through, since I spent a good deal of time writing it. But I also called my bank; they were the ones that told me my credit/debit card was charged $9.95 (3x). Kind of weird, since the site was saying that my card was invalid.

Zillow does most of their customer service weekdays during business hours with a light weekend staff. I would give them a chance to see your post and I am sure that they will be able to check it out for you. It may just be an authorization and not an actual charge, but they will be able to check.