Profile picture for fb1497571695

I don't work for a realty company nor do I want to, so, how can an independent agent find clients?

• September 17 2013 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for bfusillo
I am not sure what state he is licensed in, but in Ohio Real Estate agents must be an independent contractor under a Brokerage. You will want to check the license laws in your state, but the best way to be an agent and not be under a broker is to become a Broker. 
Hope this helps!

Profile picture for fb1497571695
Thank you, Ron. I will look into it! Cheers to you too!

Profile picture for Gabilan Properties
Be careful of the licensing laws of your state. It is against the law to practice real estate without a license.

Working for you own behalf is one thing, but soliciting for business is another matter.

I would look into online real estate school and start working on obtaining your license.

Cheers,

Profile picture for fb1497571695
Thanks for your answers. They are very helpful! Ron, I am not licensed but my partner is. We were both disabled recently. My partner is mostly recovered where as I will be unable to technically work until the end of the year. (Hopefully). It's a perfect time to research and and plan for a new way to make money once I have completely rehabilitated. Does this info help?

The first step would to take steps so you don't remain anonymous.   Have an agent tag on Zillow, fill out your profile and contact information (including your license #). 

Profile picture for 2 Elm Greenwich
I know some independent agents that get a good amount of business through networking, referrals, and saturating a local market with advertising. While it's rather freeing to be on your own and do things on your terms, it's also great to have at least a partner for support and to share expenses.  Another option might be joining a smaller, boutique firm, especially if you are new at this.  Often times, you can find a smaller agency to collaborate with you, even on a referral basis for sharing leads. 

Profile picture for Gabilan Properties
Are you licensed?