Profile picture for zuser20140325164310554

I filed bankruptcy again and really concern that I might not ever own a home am on disability

What can I do to build myself up its been hard for me and my daughter I live with family am 45 with no hope

April 04 - Charlotte

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear about your hardships. When I refer clients to my lender, usually he sits with them and gives them free credit counseling and focuses them on what they need to do to buy a home down the line. 
I hope you can find a good lender in Charlotte to do the same for you.

April 04
I'm so sorry to hear of the difficult situation.

I agree with Daniel about finding a place to give good solid credit counseling to help you see the best possibilities within your income limits.    In the interim, a loving home for your daughter comes from the heart and owning a home is not a requirement.

April 05
You misunderstand my post.

Wanting to own your own home is a very worthy goal, definitely worth it, and one that I think you should not give up on.

But... owning a home involves more than just making loan payments for 30 years. There are taxes, insurance, and at one time or another items such as: backed up toilets, peeling paint, termites, other pests, ovens that don't heat up, leaky roofs, garbage disposals, dishwashers, or other plumbing, etc. to be budgeted for. Some of these repairs can be quite costly but if they are not done can become even more costly health and safety issues so home owners need the know how to budget and save for these eventualities since they don't have a magical landlord fairy they can call to come and fix anything. (And I didn't even mention having reserves to cover things like loss of income due to furloughs, losing a job, or loss of income from getting too sick to work, or even the considerable costs involved in raising a child).

You are obviously distressed and it is not normal to have 'no hope' and there is also no shame, but there is strength, in getting the help you need whether it be taking debt counseling, home ownership courses, or speaking to a mental health professional because it means that you are being responsible and taking control of your situation and the action will eventually improve the quality of your (and your daughter's) life.

Good luck.

April 05
I agree trust me after this is over I plan on not ever getting into anymore debit problems you right wanting a home is the worst thing for me I will continue to rent I don't want to commit myself in a 30 year promise it's not worth it if you ask me everybody is renting till it's paid off I don't need counseling or mental help just need money with that I am cured but thanks anyway

April 05
Again? Until you resolve, or at least get under control, the issues that have caused you to claim bankruptcy repeatedly, home ownership is the last thing you should be concerned about. (Many people lose their homes in bankruptcy so imagine the extra pain and stress in your life if you were facing that in addition to everything else).

I suggest that you speak to a NON PROFIT credit counseling service to help you learn healthy credit habits and a mental health professional to help you learn healthy coping mechanisms that you can use in the other parts of your life.

With the proper help, hard work, self improvement, and tenacity on your part: you will be able to own a home.

April 04