I got An Offer...

Listen to this business offer that I encounter recently.

The offer states: "Join our office, we promise not to give you anything. We will compete with you all the way, and we will

share your commission with you at fifty fifty"

I was amassed with such a "promising" offer that I had to check it out...

I sat with the lady who made me that offer to go over all the details.

"The deal is that we will allow you to use our computer and the telephone". (we will monitor all your calls and email)

"You'll have to advertise and spend your own money". So, that they will benefit from it.

"Any calls that will come to our office will be handled by us".

My response to that "generous" offer was a big smile.

One day later the lady called me to see if I am interested, at that point I had to tell her what I think...

During the depression when new emigrants were used as slave laborers in sweat shops with out any rights or dignity.

They were taking advantage of, and had no benefits and no decent working conditions.

The union was created to protect the rights of such workers.

As the years had past the quality of life of many Americans improved, and they were able to achieve the America Dream.

In the past few years a new trend has begun and many factories moved out of the United States.

Well, now days I feel that the BAD old days are coming back.

Because we are experiencing this hard times, there are people out there, that want to take advantage of the situation and

enrich them selves at the expense of the ones who are suffering.

This type of business conduct is bad. We all should help each other and share our success with one another.

Bad times calls for special measures not the "use and abuse" method.

• February 02 2010 - Hewlett
  • 0

All I can say is wow. That's not an offer that's an insult. I wonder who they are targeting to sign up with them. 50% of the commission plus you pay your own advertising/phone/computer costs. What are they bringing to the table for the real estate agent besides a pile of insulting company practices?

I thought that 50/50 for the beginning is pretty normal, not to say "good".
I heard of brokers taking 65 and leaving 35 for a new agent.

Keller-Williams has a 30-70 split (30 for the brokerage) but new agents have to do their first 3 transactions under a mentor with whom they split the 70% half-half. So on the first 3 transactions, a new agent gets to keep 35% of the commission. After reaching 100k commission in one year, an agent gets to keep all commission earned [per year].

-Peter

My area median home price is $380K, my agent gives to his broker from $500 to $1,000 per transaction, depends on the home prices and the commissions, the broker's wife is the lender, she gets the refers from those agents on the home loans and refinancing.

Joshua, shop around...You are worth much more.

Betty says....Don't blink first!!!

50 / 50 what a joke.....

Betty is one smart pooch and a real cutie too :)

Profile picture for stennison
50/50 is a crime in todays market.  Most places do at least a 70/30.  Beyond that advertising is done by the agent at their discretion and phone calls are shared.