Profile picture for taekyoonalexko

I got a license ago but I only know short sales

Hello Everyone, 

I got my real estate license about a yr ago. I haven't used it much and I only got it to become an assistant to arealtor. 

My question to you is. How did you guys find mentors? 

I learned everything backwards . I only know short sales and honestly I dont even know how a regular transaction works. 

How did you guys learn the ropes? As you can see I am still confused about a lot of things.  

Please Help. 

March 04 - Los Angeles

I agree, go with Keller Williams :) Good luck!

June 25
I agree with the Keller Williams agents that gave you some advise. Keller Williams within less than 1 year will make you feel very comfortable with the transactions, ins and outs of the transaction and before you know it, you will dominate the market )))

After you finish "Ignite" with KW, a good idea might be to join a team and learn that way. 

June 24
Century 21 has great classes. They were all free when I was a new agent.   
That was approx. 30 yrs ago, tho; so, ask a local "big" office.   

A larger office may be more likely to have classes.

March 08
Find a Keller Williams office and take the class called "Ignite"! It is a free five week class, meets two hours a day Mon-Fri and intensely covers all aspects of a professional agents career. You do not have to be a KW agent. This is not for the weak. There is lots of homework and hands on PDR (Practice Drill and Rehearse). I wish I had this when I was just getting started! They teach you how to treat your real estate career and a BUSINESS!

Best Wishes,
Sam DiBello

March 08
First you need to interview Brokerages and find a good one that is pro active in training new agents. The broker in charge will assign a "mentor' to you.

March 08
The first thing you should do -- and I'm being serious -- is work on your professional communication.  If you write listings like you wrote this post, you won't make it very long.

March 05
Hi there!  You'll do fine.  During my first buyer transaction eons ago, I was super fortunate to be guided by the selling agent's transaction coordinator.  She was a true lifesaver.  A friendly and understanding escrow officer is also a great thing.  Just be up front with all involved and keep your client's interests at the fore. If you have completed a few short sale transcations without pulling all of your hair out, then you've got the moxy to be successful with the paperwork.  The hard part is getting the clients! Work on your exposure in the community and always let people know that you are open for business.  Good luck!  -Ben Stephen

March 04