Profile picture for ahouseforme

I graduate in 2mo & am getting 2 fulltime jobs. Will both be used for mortgage income?

I will have firm job offers by the time I graduate, one job should be around $39000 and one should be around $32000 (per year). I have monthly debt of $365 car payment, and who knows how much student loan debt because I don't have to start repaying it for 6months - a year. Probably about $550/month I think. Trying to get a house in the 150K range. Will this work? I know you can't use part time jobs unless you have 2 years of W2s, but what about FULL TIME jobs?
  • May 31 2010 - Yukon
  • 0

Yes, you can use the income of the offer on one of your jobs.  The likelihood of using it from two job offers is not likely; and I would not recommend it either even if you could.  It would be best to sit down with a loan officer and get pre-approved.

Get the actual payments on the student loans as they will need to be factored into your ratios since they are not deferred for 12 months.

I'm pretty certain that they use all your "prove-able" and documented income.  The trouble happens when income can't be proven, so as long as you can, you should be okay.  I did forward your question to a friend who is a lender to make certain.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Jennifer Henning, Realtor
405-625-1576

Profile picture for ahouseforme
Well I was told by several lenders that since I will be a new graduate, I can get approved based on information from my future employer stating how much I will make and guaranteed hours and start date. So I know that part will work. I am just wondering if BOTH jobs will work like that. Thanks for the formula though, that is helpful!

Profile picture for arashiku
Here was one of the formulas I learned from one of the lenders:

income $39000/12 = 3250/mo * allowed percentage on your home

-> 3250 * 45% = 1462.5 - your debt (365 + 550) -> 1462.5 - 915 = your affordibility on PITI of your new home (principle + interest + tax + insurance)

So you get the picture. Not sure if they would take your so-called firm offer as a full time job as you haven't really started yet.

Hope that helps.