Profile picture for gdbusby

I had my house appraised in 2006. It came back as a 3 bR, 1.5 BH and 1960 sq. ft. Now it isn't

I went to refinance my house and the appraiser took away a BR because he said the closet across the hall can not be included and must be attached. He also forgot to add in the other 1/2 bath, but I was able to get that corrected.  The house appraised for 130k and now after doing some minor changes (New storm doors, entryway door, new stairs to the basement, new sewer connection line, new sump pump) it appraises for $118k.  I lost a BR during this appraisal but when I was under contract it stated the house MUST appraise for what the contract price was. We were given an appraisal as a 3 BR, 1.5 BH house.  Bought it for 121K.  Any legal action should be taken?  Against whom exactly?
  • November 08 2010 - Saint Albans
  • 0

Sounds like your house has held value far better than the average house in California between 2006 and 2010.  Congratulations.

Legal action?    I don't see any reason for legal action.   But, of course you could drop several hundred dollars and get an attorney's opinion.

Appraisers in 2010 are being far pickier than 2006 (with good reason).