Profile picture for howardhadley

I have a 4400 Sq Ft Home I would like to rent for 3 to 5 years - how do I value the lease

The home is 4400 sq foot - five bedrooms and five baths on a one acre lot - I am willing to rent it furnished or unfurnished and am trying to determine what the market will bear.  What is the best way to determine a rental rate?
  • July 23 2013 - Fairhope
  • 0

It depends on the area, condition, etc. similar to when you are determining the value of a home for sale. Some realtors don't manage renters, but they should be able to give you an idea of leases on comparable rental properties. You can also do a bit of research online. If you're going to rent and manage the property yourself, the price and conditions are up to you and your prospective tenant.