Profile picture for Segura949

I have a discharged BK from about a year ago. I have 50K for a down payment, can I purchase a home?

So I filed for BK about a year ago. I've been rebuilding my credit since then, but only stand at a 580-590 score right now. Can I finance a home? I do have about 50k for down payment. Any help/tips are appreciated...Thank you!
  • June 05 2011 - Lake Elsinore

Profile picture for Caveat Emptor
this question is from june.

You may want to consider an owner finance option to purchase now and allow you a couple years to establish your lender financing before the note becomes due. 

Best of luck.
Charlene Weston
Realtor

Where you want to buy the homes?  if it is in SC, FL, we can help

What type of BK did you file?  Ch.13 you could be fine if you have made your BK payments on time with  no mortgage lates and derog credit.  This is a situation I would probably find a lender and talk with him in detail about yoru specific situation.  You can find local lenders on Zillow or if you would like  a recommendation (not sure what area you are in) visit my profile, send me an email and I will help.

Good Luck

One of my clients carries the loan with 40% down at reasonable rates. He sells over 1000 properties a year.

If BK13, you can purchase if you show that you made your payments to your bankruptcy trustee on time. If BK7 you need to wait at least another year.

Segura,

What kind of BK did you file? Chepter 13 or Chapter 7?

Sincerely,
Greg

What was the cause of your BK?  If it was due to extenuating circumstances, then it's certainly possible after you've had at least 1 year of re-established credit with no late payments.