I have a home loan currently and a second mortgage for a total of about 85,000 my house is appraised

If this is possible do I find a contractor and then go to the bank or what is the best way to go about this.

• March 29 2012 - US
  • 0

You should know up front of how much you can afford to borrow and comfortably pay back and what banks are willing to lend you based on your current financial,  mortgage and home value situation. I would recommend starting the conversation with your bank first and then talking with Contractors about what types of projects your are looking to take on. Many experienced Contractors can offer you budget ranges for most projects and then it becomes your decision to determine if that fits within your budget.