I have a listing who's zestimate is innacurate. Is there anything that can be done?

I am one of your premieer agents and my lsiting 's value is being estimated by your site well below market.
  • March 15 2012 - West Bradenton
  • 0

Best Answer

Would that be the listing on 18th Ave W?   It appears that the house is a flipper (with extensive renovations), with the last sales price of $84k in December.   The last recent sales price weighs heavily in the Zestimate calculation especially when it was so recent.

If I were in your shoes, I'd put comments in the "owners comment" section with comps justifying more than double the price of the December sale.    Unfortunately the Zestimate doesn't take condition into account as there is no consistent way to assess condition from public numbers.

I'm not a Zillow's employee but the subject property's Zestimate is very close to the subject's market value if you compare it to the nearby comps.

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
Not with Zillow, but I do know they say the don' t manipulate individual zestimates. If it is outside of a tolerance range, they may delete it. Do you believe the home's zestimate range is off?

You can make sure all the elements about the home are correct. Sometimes the number of rooms, bathrooms, bedrooms, square footage, and other items can impact the zestimate if inaccurate. However, it often takes eight weeks to fully show corrections.

I think most buyers are smart enough to know an automated valuation, that uses only public information can't be completely accurate all the time.