Profile picture for Midge666

I have a loft I want to sell

I paid cash for it in 2005 when prices were at their highest! Can I expect to sell a 2 bedroom loft with a very large patio, or is the market so bad that I should I wait another year.
  • April 02 2009 - Logan Park
  • 0

Thanks for the information.  I actually just joined Zillow and, as I am sure you can probably can tell from my contributions, today was the first day I have responded to any questions.  If I was aware that providing contact information in my submissions wasn't allowed I definitely would not have so I thank you for bringing that to my attention. 

Additionally, I realize the post was older,  but I am practicing and didn't think contributing to an older post(s) (that I found of interest) was a huge wast of my time nor would be disruptive to the Zillow community.  If this is incorrect, please advise.

Sincerely,
Kristin Bolinske

Kristin:

Welcome to Zillow.

A gentle hint:  posts have dates on them, and pulling up posts that are six months old tends to be a waste of time.   In addition, your contact info in your posts are in violation of Zillow policies (and have been reported for deletion).

Hello Midge666,

As the previous responder stated, it is difficult to provide information on what your house will sell for without knowing the location, comparable homes actively for sale and recently sold.  If you are interested in listing your home, I would recommend having a licensed Realtor provide an CMA.  That way, you will know what homes around yours are selling for and be able to make an informed decision.

If you are not presently working with a Realtor and would like to know what homes in your neighborhood recently sold for, please contact me.

Regards,
Kristin Bolinske

[content removed by moderator for being self promotional]

Without knowing your specific location I can only generalize about current values. Based on current tax records and a look back into 2005 sale prices it appears that NE Mpls has seen a drop of between 10 and 20 percent in value from 2005 prices. This is consistent with the drop in values across the Twin Cities. My guess is you will need to hold on for at least a year before selling.

If you do decide to sell, contact a Realtor for a Competitive Market Analysis. There is no cost to you. And because Minneapolis does not require Truth In Housing inspections on condos, that expense is also not necessary. But be prepared for a long market time. Your best bet might be to rent it out in the meantime. Check with your Home owners association for additional guidance about renting.