Profile picture for lindzie12

I have a low credit score. Where do I even start to see if I g

I have a low credit score. I had negative on my credit and paid them off. They do not show up  (from what I can see). I have a starter credit card since October (only 200 limit).
I have been renting houses and want to see if there is any way I can get approved for a house. I make decent money (about 34000 a year before taxes plus at least 3 bonuses a year).

Where do I even start.
  • June 27 2013 - Mansfield

Contacting an agent should actually be your first step. Why, you want to be sure you're referred a lender that has a terrific track record. Example: I currently work with a lender I've successfully completed 70+ transactions with over the past 2.5yrs so his track record has certainly been proved time and time again. Many individuals I've run into get sucked into the pit of going through online lenders who frankly lack on the customer service area. Now, there is of coarse exceptions however in this profession it is all about who you know.

If you haven't been helped at this point feel free to contact me I would be happy to give you pointers, referrences, etc. It sounds as though you're at least attempting to do the right thing. Keep in mind it isn't necessarily about income level it's about debt-income level. Thank you and good luck.

Yes, contacting a lender I think is the first step.  You can provide required documents and they can pull your credit to see where you stand both credit wise and how much you could potentially qualify for based on current credit score, liabilities, assets, etc... and what you need to do to get in position to qualify for a loan. 

Additionally, some lenders have credit education components that can help you determine which debts or factors will be most beneficial for you to address to get your score up and enhance the amount you will qualify for. 

Following the instructions of a competent lender, geting pre-approved for a loan, then contacting a real estate agent would be your next steps --

The first thing you would need to do is check your credit to make sure that you are qualified. I can help you with that if you would like. Please contact me privately if you wish to discuss your situation in more detail. 

Thank You!

Profile picture for lindzie12
Ok cool.
when you say a Lender. Who would that be. like that bank? or third party?

Your first step is to contact a lender who can run go over your credit with you. if there is anything that you need to do to improve your credit, they can give you direction. The lender will also clarify for you how much you will qualify for at the present time or once your credit has improved.