Profile picture for ktorr

I have a low credit score and want to purchase a 24k house. I have 10k in my 401k. will be my home.

First I want to be honest my credit score is in the 475 area. I have bad credit due to bankruptcy. About nine years ago I lost my job and was working temp jobs for awhile. Therefore, I had to remodify my mortgage, however still lacking the income I fell behind on my mortgage. Eventually I began working two permanent jobs which I still have. I have been employed on both jobs now for eight years. However I did have to file for bankruptcy which has now been discharged just recently. However it came to late I am presently in a deed for lieu process inorder to stop a foreclosure. My question is that I found a 25k house for sell and I have 10k that I can use for a downpayment is there anyway that 15k can be borrow to secure the house.  This house will be my residence and with the low loan I will be able to repair my credit.  The neighborhood is safe and the house is nice for the price.  VA holds the property.
  • July 25 2010 - Indianapolis
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for ABBAUSA

VA has a finance plan on some of their property so see if that is available.

Also you need a bank loan or credit union loan, the amount is close to 50% which can be done as the property as part collateral.

Forget a mortgage, try your bank and try your credit union.

James Callas - Realtor®

Profile picture for ChandaB
Just as James said, you are likely better off trying to get a personal loan...It's likely going to be difficult to get a lender to approve a mortgage for 15 or even 20K thousand.  There are some out there, but they are few and far between.  The the lowest amount most lenders I know will go is 50K.