Profile picture for Lori Macias

I have a premium lot, 1 neighbor and view. Same size as 1054 SRimwood. Why is my house less?

1054 So. Rimwood does not have a premium lot or a pool and has more than 1 neighbor.  Zillow appraised that house at $725 and mine at $624.  How can that be?
  • Question refers to 1090 S Burlwood Dr, Anaheim, CA 92807
  • 0

Zillow, while providing useful information, is not able to make adjustments for many of the features of a particular property---for example, your view.  Its an automated system.  So unlike an appraiser or a realtor who goes out to your home and evaluates the view, upgrades, location (single neighbor), etc, you get limited information and thus limited accuracy.  If you want another system's automated valuation (cloud CMA), I can send  you a marketing analysis and you can at least compare the two.  But both will be limited.  If you want a true value, you need to have a realtor or appraiser out to your home.  In the interim, I'd be happy to send you the CMA.  Just let me know--send me an email to  soldbymelinda@gmail.com

The zestimate is basically a number generated by a formula.  No body really relies on these numbers other than for getting a general/ballpark idea.  Pools do not add value as an equal amount of buyers do NOT want a pool and the associated cost of maintenance and liability pools require.  So, pool or not, usually, the price would be the same assuming all else is equal.