Profile picture for WNC Retired

I have a real estate license in WI. How can I get a split on commission?

I have a buyer to present to a realtor.  I am not active in real estate, but have a current Wisconsin Real Estate Salesperson's License.  How can I can get a split on the commission for a purchase made by that buyer?
  • March 21 2009 - Madison
  • 0

I am not privy to WI law, but in Georgia you would not qualify to receive a referral fee because your license is inactive, i.e., not held by a brokerage.

Talk to the agent you are referring the buyer to, agree on a referral fee, fill out a referral form.  You, the other agent and both brokers sign it.  When the agent finds the buyer a house and it closes, your referral fee gets paid to your broker.

I hope this helps!