Profile picture for Fahien

I have already signed my contract with the builder without any agent can I chose to one at closing?

I have already signed my contract with the builder without any agent can I chose to go with one at time of closing?Should I disclose my realtor well before signing contract or can I bring them at any stage?

September 17 2009 - Greenville

If you are looking for someone to review the terms of the contract and represent your interests at the closing table, you could certainly hire a Realtor. Unfortunately many builders require that the Realtor 'register' their client even before you view their property. Otherwise they will not compensate the Realtor. So you might be required to provide compensation.

As others have stated, without looking at the contract there may be nothing that can be changed by having representation if the contract has been signed. But if you wanted a Realtor to review the contract and help you get through closing, you can certainly hire one for that purpose. Call the builder to see if they would be willing to compensate a Realtor at this stage of the deal.

ITs best to contact and agent , like a buyers agent that represents you in a major transaction like buying a home, the builder or agent that signed the contract with you wasnt representing your best interest and you probably havent got the best price and terms, give me an email or call and let me help you with the rest of the transaction thanks foryour time you want be dissapointed!

Jason Robu
road9run@yahoo.com
8647875694

GIve me a call I will be glad to represent you and discuss what contract you have signed

Jason Robu
Greenville SC

8647875694

Without seeing the contract you have already signed, it is hard to say. I would suggest that you consider all the possible options and understand what the contract says before signing any contract in the future.

I wish I could be of more help, but if you have already signed a contract, then the terms of the contract have been set. And these terms may rule out you getting a Realtor to represent you now, unless they do it at no charge to the builder and/or you pay the Realtor. Sorry.