I have an intention to buy a house in Alington, Washington. Can foreigner get the bank financing?

What is the capital gain tax in Washington DC
  • September 18 2012 - Columbia Heights
  • 0

As a foreigner, you have a chance to get an US bank to finance the mortgage. But the only difference from US nationals is that you will have to come up with a bigger down payment.

Two areas (Alington vs Washinton DC) are quite close. As investor, in fact, I don't mind too much which place to invest. Grateful if Lanre can advise me if Washington DC a good place for property investment (rental and capital gain purpose).

Again, two issues, can foreigner get banking / mortgage financing. What are the cost including tax (property and capital gain tax, etc)

Hello User2897880.I am a little confused. You said that I have an intention to buy a house in Arlington Washington. But you also said What is the capital gain tax in Washington DC? Arlington is in Virginia. So do you want to buy a house in Arlington VA or Washington DC? 

If you want to buy a house in Arlington VA,I can definitely refer you to some real estate agents. But if you are looking to "Buy a house in Washington DC",I can be more than happy to help you. Also please read this article 
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/capital-gains-tax-scheduled-to-rise-sharply-in-2013/2012/01/25/gIQAtQUuQQ_blog.html