I have been approched by General Dollar Stores to buy my home and restaurant what should I ask for?

I have been approched by a realitor reposenting Dollar General Store who is interested in buying my home and restaurant on a 1.5 acre lot.  I also own the mineral rights also. what should I ask for that would be to my best interest.  My land is cornered by 3 seperate roads, heavy traffic and located in the country just outside of city limits.

August 10 2012 - Fred

You need to get an appraisal from an appraiser that can give you both a high residential value and a low commercial value. The right real estate agent may be able to help with a free CMA too, but when you are selling to a company who has a commercial intent, you can ask for a premium over straight residential value.

Get the information from the appraisal end and then consider hiring a basic negotiator on your side either an agent familiar with commercial in your area or an attorney who specializes in RE who will bill lightly by the hour or for a flat retainer upon sale....and PLEASE do not sign ANYTHING without get it reviewed legally first.

you really need an appraiser or someone local to give you an educated best price range value because they should know the area and what's going on in the area that might affect value etc.