Profile picture for Susyq31

I have been approved for a mortgage loan. After a year of looking i finally found a house that I lik

I have been approved for a mortgage loan. After a year of looking i finally found a house that I like. It's been for sale for a while so the current price is great. The problem is that is 20k over my approved amount including property taxes. My loan officer said I would qualify for the home at its current price Feb. 2012 because at that time I would owe less than 10 months on my car loan. My question is....Is it possible to put in an offer now and delay closing to appx. 90 days when I will get approved for the new amount?
  • November 17 2011 - Springfield
  • 1

Yeah Debbie, not sure what that was all about.  Just trying to help!

Mike you certainly dont have to defend yourself again someone who is rude, not to mention,  seems to have a thing for you, as he is following you all over zillow......maybe you should be flattered!
:)

My recommendation was to put in an offer with a professional that suited their needs.  I think the buyer will be able to achieve their wishes and work this out with the seller.  I don't even service this area so not trying to pull whatever you are talking about.  Just trying to be positive!

Good Luck

Profile picture for Caveat Emptor
I love and respect posters who donate their time to legitimately try to help others by answering tough questions in a thorough and thoughtful manner. (removed by moderator for being offensive and off topic)

Many folks have similar questions as the original poster, so by adding answers and opinions, even if they are similar to previous opinions they help the poster and multiple other people out there with the same questions.  This is why zillow keeps the posts active.

Let's try to keep this a positive environment.

Good Luck

Great job in finding a home after a year.  I hope you have a successful closing. 

Hey Mike,
The Koala Bear just graduated from college.

You know what that means.

Profile picture for Caveat Emptor
(removed by moderator for being off topic and against our GNP)

Huh?  Just trying to give my opinion, and last I checked it was a free country. Feel free to be the cop off zillowland though if that makes you feel more useful.

Good Luck

I'm sure the seller would want to work with you if they have had the home for sale for some time with no luck yet.  Throw in an offer and see what happens.  Find a good agent though so you have someone fighting for you.  Feel free to contact me if you need a recommendation.

Good Luck

Also, I don't know if you have considered making a few extra car payments. Just a thought.

Hi. You can always negotiate the price down some to try to close that gap a little bit. Just make sure you can make the payments and still live comfortably. Nothing worse than worrying about making your mortgage payment each month. Good luck! 

Don is correct. You can always submit a written offer with contingencies. 90 days isn't that long to wait for a closing anyway.

Susyq31, absolutely.  [self promotion and contact information deleted by Zillow moderator.  Please refer to our Good Neighbor Policy]