Profile picture for SM Senn

I have had two CMAs at 230K for my house, zillo has it at 203K

I have had two CMAs at 230K for my house, zillo has it at 203K, messing up my saleabililty!  Can't we change that, I know when I was looking; I did base my opinion on zillos estimates, even though I knew it to be +/- 10%.  Can you change that based on my agents CMAs?  Also is there a place to advertize an open house here on zillo?  Thanks, Stella

October 09 2012 - US

Once you've obtained an appraisal, you can enter it in the section called "owner estimate" on your home's property detail page on Zillow.    Most buyers are quite aware that CMAs tend to be high at the moment, so while you could share those also it may be worth your time and money to get a real appraisal.

Zillow presents a value range for the Zestimate. The value range is the 70% confidence interval (see more here).   Sometimes the value range is +/- 10% but sometimes it is much broader.  Check  it for your own home on the property details page.

Profile picture for hpvanc
If you are serious about selling FSBO hire an appraiser and get an accurate value.  Neither the Zestimate or the CMA's are an accurate indication of value.  CMA's have a strong bias to the high side, and at the slightest hint of an improvement in the market, some Realtors® CMA's will shoot into the stratosphere. 

Since you are listed FSBO, those agents may have been trying to buy your listing with a high CMA.  Also, if the property really is worth $230K, you can't sell it for $235K with 5K buyers incentive unless it will appraise at $235K.  Realtors® from all over the country are screaming about low appraisals.