I have just above 600 credit score and 1 year employment and 1 year unemployed. Do I have to wait?

I talked to a lender last year she told me to wait 1 year and call her this year, but I have heard it is a 2 year requirment for a loan. Also, my score is still low. I make 34k a yeargross and interested in homes in my area for 33k to 42k. I have no debts. Just made some mistakes in credit 6 years ago. Unemployment was due to a lay off in 2010 and was on unemployment most of last year until Oct. of 2011.

• November 10 2012 - Fultondale
  • 0

The only way to know all of your options is to talk to a lender. If you do not like the person you spoke to before or if you feel her answers are inaccurate you should call someone else.  There is NO harm in checking with a lender - it is the way to know 100% what your options are.  A great lender will also give you specific goals and guidelines to get you where you want to be.