I have permission to list a property for rent. It is also currently listed for sale. What can I do?

I have permission from the owner to list this home for "rent", while at the same time, it is being listed for "Sale" by another Realtor.
I am not having any luck posting my listing because I get a message saying it's already posted.
Please let me know what I can do about this.
Nancy Roddy
Exit Realty Metro
  • March 20 2011 - West 7th
  • 0

Nancy there are several homes on Zillow right now that are doing both, however most seem to be listed by the same agent. Send a message to Zillow asking to also claim the listing to edit it as a for rent instead of for sale. It's not a bad idea to use other sites as well, but several listings are on here both for sale and rent.

I have a bit of experience with this - simply list on Craigslist & Rentals.com as a rental. You don't need Zillow or the MLS to advertise a rental. Craigslist and Rentals.com are far more potent tenant lead generators than the MLS or Zillow.