Profile picture for spike1110

I have recently listed my house for sale. However it has not been updated for sale on the Zillow w

I have recently listed my house for sale.   However it has not been updated for sale on the Zillow web site.  How can I get the updated info on your site?

December 20 2010 - Pickerington

Columbus area listings do not automatically appear on Zillow because the MLS isn't a Zillow or syndication partner.  A listing can still appear, but it takes some effort or cost on the part of the brokerage or agent.  I am a flat fee broker member of the Columbus &Central Ohio Multiple Listing Service, which is used by Pickerington-area Realtors.  I just heard that the MLS has a committee that is studying such affiliations, but I don't expect any quick action.  Good luck.

Spike:

Rockinblu gave you info for listing your home as a FSBO on Zillow.  But, the last I heard about Pickerington is that there are numerous homes for sale (some of my family lives there).  So, you are facing a lot of competition.  If you use a Realtor who has significant on-line marketing, he/she can find a qualified Buyer much easier and faster than you can, provided that you are willing to price your home to the market and have your home in an uncluttered condition.

Profile picture for rockinblu

First you need to claim the home and update any home facts that are incorrect as well as possibly creating your own estimate. You can get more info on doing that here.

As for as listing the house for sale on Zillow, if you're doing a FSBO you can start here. Then again if you're doing a FSBO, before you fork over the 39.95 to Zillow to list, you might want to read this blog. It contains things to watch for when posting on Zillow as well as FSBO info.

One other thing you might want to do is detailed here.