I have rented my house for an amount muc higher that the Rent Zestimate. how can i update teh rent?

I have rented my house for an amount much higher that the Rent Zestimate. how can i update teh rental amount for a property?
  • September 15 2011 - Greenwich
  • 0

Profile picture for Neil R
  • Neil RZillow
Hi jauregui -

This is Neil from Zillow.

Rent Zestimate can't be manually changed. This is an estimated monthly rent price for a property which is pulled from public data.

Profile picture for LaMesaRentals
What public data is the estimated monthly rent pulled from? I would like to look into updating whatever public data is used, if we can't update it directly. I am a landlord of 4 houses, none of which have accurate Rent Zestimates.

You're comparing an automatically computed rent estimate to your actual rental value.  They are not the same thing.  If your rent value is higher, congratulations - you've beaten the algorithm.

--

This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.  The post is only an opinion.  You should speak to an attorney for further information.  The poster is licensed only in CT & NY.    If this post is useful to you, please remember to upvote it.