Profile picture for desdesdes

I have seen where people increased their score by agencies or by avail what is this

• March 05 2010 - Lake Wylie
  • 0

Profile picture for BungalowMo
I have this info from one of my TU FICO reports.  My information has improved greatly, but I'm waiting for all to report before I pull another score report.  These below are ALL under the negative side...what's hurting my score...

Has to do with revolving limits & the score impact:

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits
28% For FICO High Achievers, this ratio is 7%, on average.
This is down to 22% now :)

Another thing that will impact it:

Number of your accounts carrying a balance
5 accounts FICO High Achievers have an average of 3 credit accounts carrying a balance.
I'm now at 2 of 6 revolving accts with a balance

So carrying balances on less than half of your cards & keeping the utilization even under 28% will help greatly.  I'm waiting to see the cutoff point where my revolving balance suddenly shifts to the good side. 

Trying to figure out the enigma of the FICO scoring system is a (not so little) hobby of mine.

Yes...I'm a FICO addict...I don't suppose there's a support group for that?

Pasa,

I didn't know that his "Contact Me" was in service. Both phone numbers are incorrect.

After speaking to Clay he was able to edit his "About Me." He now has his email listed there. Just trying to look out for one another. .... Happy funding, Rudi

Profile picture for blank screen EXILED
(He doesn't have his "contact me" disabled as I do, so you could have used that (up to 800 characters...).)

Clay, please email me RHofmann@umboc.com. It's not on your Profile.

The " avail " has to do with available credit on revolving accts. If you had 3 credit cards each with $2,000 credit limit and you owed $1500 on each or a total of $4500, then the amt of available credit is $1500. Your credit score is negatively impacted when you go over 33% and the higher % of debt to the credit limit the worse your score gets. Some people have the cash to pay those balances down to 33% or less to pull scores up. If you pay down to 0  do not close the acct because you need the available credit to get the higher scores.