Profile picture for TheScotts5

I have taken my house off the market but I am still getting emails that my house is for sale. fix?

I took my house off the market, but I still get emails that my house is for sale.  When I go to my listing, I can't find where to de-list it.  I DO find the option to list it.  Why do the emails say it is still for sale?
  • July 21 2010 - West Chester
  • 0

• Ice L.Zillow
Hi TheScotts5 -

You may need to take down your listing here. Click the Delete this listing near the address to remove your posting from Zillow.

You may update your listings to either Sold or No longer for sale. Please follow the instructions below:

Here are the steps to update your listing:

1. Go to My Zillow then Listings.  (make sure you are signed in with the  same name that listed the house)
2. Click the Cancel right under the address.
3. You may choose either Sold or No longer for sale.

Note: If the listing was posted through an automated feed, you can still follow the steps mentioned above but you would also need to remove the listing from the source feed (very important) to  avoid the home from being re-posted on Zillow.

Did you have it on the Multiple Listing Service that Realtors use?  There is a time lag in the update of information on sites like Zillow that pull info from the MLS.  Once you log into Zillow - there is a link to update status - your Realtor can do it for you or you may have to claim the home as an owner and then edit facts.