Profile picture for teddyb01

I have the estimated value of my property at 99,000 on zillow.com but the D

I have the estimated value of my property at 99,000 on zillow.com but the Dalaas district appraisal is 46,000. what is the difference, which one do I follow?
  • August 04 2011 - Dallas
  • 0

Its worth what someone will pay for it, that said if your too high you will not get traffic. You should consult a Realtor to find a closer number.

Profile picture for Kris Mager

I would call a local Realtor for a market analysis of your home. Good luck!

Kim is correct, neither depicts what the value of your home is.

However, the Dallas Appraisal District value is what your taxes are based on, so the lower that is the less taxes you pay.

If you want to know the value of what you can sell your home for or just its current value, I'll be happy to send you a market analysis which will include what homes have sold for in your neighborhood recently.

Drop me a note through my profile as Zillow's rules prohibit me from posting my contact here.

Naima

You follow neither.  Both are estimates derived by different calculation models and neither have anything to do with the other.  Fair market value changes daily depending on the market and what other comparable properties have sold for.  Neither the Zestimate or DCAD has knowledge of sale prices - they simply can't estimate an accurate fair market value.