I live in Bethlehem, currently underwater by 25k, have a great job, not late on payments, lender doe

My current rate is 6.54, looking to lower rates.  Per recent estimate house is under water by 25K due to recent foreclosures in the area.

August 28 2012 - Bethlehem Township

If your loan is currently owned by Fannie or Freddie you may be eligible for a HARP loan where you would not need an appraisal. I can check that for you by either getting your address and full name and Social or I can pull your credit and most of the time it will tell me which it is, if either.  If you currently have an FHA loan and do not have a conventional loan you can do an FHA streamline where you also do not need an appraisal.  If you do not know if you have any of these types of loans I can find out by pulling your credit and/or checking fannie or freddy's websites to see if currently have your mortgage with them.  If you do have a Fannie or Freddy loan next step would be to run your application through automated underwriting to see if it would give me an appraisal waiver so you could go forward with refinancing even though you are upside down.  I would be happy to check into all of this for you.

If you qualify for the various HARP programs, you may have some options.  Would be happy to discuss your options with you.  Contact me through my profile.