Profile picture for Dsheating

I live in Chicago. I'm hoping to find a new or used steam radiator. Casr iron please! thanks.

• January 27 2009 - Chicago

Have you searched craigslist yet? Whenever I have clients that are renovating... For example: Replacing their radiators with central heat or a/c. I always recommend that they sell their old equipment on craigslist. Its a great way to cut some of the cost of renovating and its always nice to be able to help someone get a great deal on something they need.

http://www.consumersplumbing.com/heating-usedradiators/

Consumers Supply Company
1110 W Lake St
Chicago, IL 60607

(312)666-6080

Profile picture for single_speed
I would put in a call to Salvage One, they are out Hubbard St. Even if they don't have any they can tell you who to call. I have used them many times in the past for antique doors and hardware and all of it was in great shape. 
Most of the time the scrappers end up with the old radiators unfortunately. I hope you know the exact sizes you are looking for, it can be difficult to get everything right. Take a friend and a hand truck when you do find one, those things are really heavy!

salvage one

Check steamradiators.com or Radiators R Us on Main street. I know they have several turn of the century units available at Steam-Mart.

Happy hunting!

Check with a home salvage company or architectural salvage companies. Make sure a used radiator has been pressure tested prior to purchase and installation.You might also find used radiators via websites like craigslist. Just be aware that if an old radiator has been taken from a home that was not winterized prior to winter there's a pretty good chance the radiator is damaged due to freezing.