I live in Chicago and would like to refinance using the Harp 2.0 program.

My current lender does not do unlimited LTVs and I will need higher than 125%. Any suggestions for credible lenders?
  • May 18 2012 - Chicago
  • 0

If your loan is a Fannie Mae, you should have several options.  Confirm and I can give you a few options

Under HARP2 there is not a LTV cap, but lenders are able to set their own "overlays". Most lenders will go to 125% if they service the loan. 
I have a feeling we may see HARP3 in the near future. 

Thanks all. I am paying mortgage insurance.

And as I already stated, my current lender is not doing >125%.

Any recommendations are helpful. Thanks,

Are you paying mortgage insurance with your current loan? 

From personal experience and clients' experience...going with your current lender has shown the best results. In the past, I normally would use a mortgage broker to shop around for the best terms but because of the 'unique-ness' of HARP, being that, there will be a reduction in revenue for the end-term investor, the servicer (the person you pay your mortgage every month) will have the best chance at exceeding those limits.

HARP is suppose to have no LTV limits, and even servicers aren't honoring this completely (from what I"ve seen) but they still seem to show the highest success rate, as much as you may hate them!

Profile picture for Matt Laricy
I would be happy refer a lender to you.