Profile picture for champe

I live in New Mexico. I have been told NM is a non-public disclosure state in terms of real estate

transactions.  So, when I get my monthly Zillow estimates on my home value in Albuquerque and those values are partially based on the selling price of nearby homes recently sold in my area, where does that information come from, if this state is indeed non-disclosure? What are your sources for selling prices of those sold home being quoted?
Champe Green
Albuquerque, NM
  • January 30 2011 - Albuquerque
  • 0

Profile picture for Emily Medvec
New Mexico is a now a partial disclosure state regarding real estate sales transactions. I do not speak for Zillow or know how the company gathers its information. I can refer you an experienced professional in your market to assist you in determining the fair market value of your home and any challenges you may have selling it in this buyer's market.

Profile picture for Daves360
We do not have a public database of home data, prices sold, #BR, size, etc. The MLS is the closest thing, and Zillow now taps into MLS through broker permissions, so they are trying to build some historical data in areas to get more and more accurate, but they are just not there yet, and as a result, tend to be off in many areas in New Mexico.  Feel free to contact me for an accurate valuation of your home.  Best of luck to you!  -_ David

New Mexico adopted sales price disclosure in 2004, if my sources are correct.