Profile picture for yda0553

I live in STL & noticed recently the Zestimate for homes my street have gone up a lot. Why?

The Zestimate on my house is $345K.  Just a couple of months ago it was under $290K.  I realize homes selling in my area can affect the value of  my house but it wouldn't change the historical value would it?  Why the sudden increase in value (not that I'm complaining).  BTW, I love your site!!!
Thank you!
denise.anderson@anheuser-busch.com

• July 05 2011 - Oakville
  • 0

Profile picture for rockinblu
Zillow has modified their algorithms in calculating the zestimates(see link below). This has resulted in wild swings on the zestimates, and even a great deal of the historical numbers were changed as well.....and GO CARDINALS!!!

http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Zillow-Announces-Zestimate-Improvements/403036/