Profile picture for wet1

I live in Utah, can I get a zestimate?

I am struggling on this site trying to follow the links to get where I can create an estimate for my home. I keep getting looped around and can never seem to find anywhere to input information. Are home value estimates availble in Utah?

January 19 2011 - Riverton

If you go to zillow.com and at the top there should be a blank window or bar where you can type in your address click enter or 'GO' at the end of the bar. This should bring up the information that is available to the public, which is where zillow gets their information from, it is usually off a bit. The information about this home is in a box at the top of the page, near the bottom of this box is a bar of things to click on. There should be 'Edit', and when clicked on a window will drop down. Choose 'Edit Home Facts' and 'Home Description'. When you update the information about the home the zestimate may change. The zestimate is really very basic.

Zillow zestimates are very inaccurate though, at least here in Utah. Because the sales information here is private not public meaning they don't have access to the sale prices etc of sold homes. Therefore they're off by quite a bit since they'd need to know the sold prices of sold comparables to give an accurate estimate of value. I've seen listings in my neighborhood either estimated too high or too low on zillow.com. My own house they have all of the accurate information on it because I put it there myself and it's still too high of an estimate of value in today's market. In other states zillow works fine where the sold information is open to the public. 

I hope that this helps you in some way.

If you'd like, I'd do a 'Comparative Market Analysis' of your home with no obligation whatsoever. "No Pressure, No Hype". Let me know if you'd like my help at all.

Becky Nay, e-PRO, GRI, SFR
Keller Williams South Valley Realty
801-573-2077 Mobile
BeckyNay@kw.com
http://BeckyNay.com
http://SellHomesInUtah.com
http://SearchHomesInUtah.com