I looked up my address and the square footage of my house is incorrect. How do I get this corrected

The square footage of my house is 1749 sq. ft and Zillow has it listed at 1,5??sq ft.  How do I get this corrected.  The bank used Zillow to estimate the value of my house and I failed to get a loan because your site has the incorrect information.  The loan to value was too great.  How do I get this corrected?
  • March 11 2009 - US
  • 1

Hi Bradley-

Please provide your address so that I can check the information to further assist you. Thanks!

Profile picture for 1wry1
I'm not a professional, so I hope I'm not wasting your time.  Do the county records list your square footage as 1749?  If so, then take proof to the bank and ask for a real appraisal.  If the county records list square footage as less, then maybe someone added on without permits in the past.  Not sure how to edit a Zillow error - by the volume of posts on this subject, it seems rather common. 

Zillow gets the information from the public databases (such as from your county).   You can talk with the county, or easier you can claim the home and modify the facts.

It is a pity that banks are taking Zestimates so seriously.