Profile picture for kvat3r

I lost my home last year, and filed bankruptcy. How long until I can buy a home?

I bought my home when it was way overpriced, but at the time I thought if I didn't buy "NOW" I'd never get in. Now homes are at a price I can afford...but noone is willing to give me a loan. Any suggestions..I am a single mom and would really love to buy a home for my daughter and I at a more realistic price.

• November 27 2009 - Vallejo
  • 0

You are going to need lots of cash and a lender who might be able to do a hard money loan - where interest rates are high!

Using co-signer assumes that you are qualified for a mortgage, although perhaps at a lower $$ level than your goal.   As you currently aren't qualified, I don't think a co-signer would help.

This is a superb time to rent.   IN most parts of the country, housing prices are still falling.   In this condition, it is a great time to be building up your down payment and your credit score so when the time has passed you will be ready to purchase your dream home.

Profile picture for kvat3r
Can I get a co-signer?????

2 years after a bankruptcy and 3 years after a foreclosure... Hope this helps!

I' sorry bout this late answer, 2 years you will be ok, but on your credit is not yust the time work on it ok bye .

With FHA financing 2 yrs. after discharge of B.K.

Good luck.

In a chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can qualify for a new mortgage through Fannie Mae guidelines Four years from the discharge or dismissal date of the bankruptcy action.

In a chapter 13 bankruptcy, you can qualify for a new mortgage through Fannie Mae guidelines Two years from the discharge date and four years from the dismissal date.