I muuch to advertising my G. construction, co. on the network? And what should I do?

I mean general residental construction. (Home Improvement.)
  • February 14 2010 - Doctor Phillips
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for nwhome.us

Mark, I didn't realize that English as a first language was a requirement. I look forward to learning something from someone who speaks it as a second.
Jean; two suggestions:
1. At the bottom of this page is a link for Professionals. Property managers are indentified as being able to place ads on Zillow, somehow.  Explore that option if you want to.
2. If you go to the Home improvement page for the US (just click on Home Improvement) and click on E-mail alerts for that category, you will receive alerts every time someone asks a question in that category.  Answer the questions, without self promoting, and show us what you know.  I'd suggest, also, getting alerts for Home Improvement questions specifically in Florida or near where you want to work. This will help you "catch" prospects that may actually be in your neighborhood.  From the Home Improvement US page, choose a State, Florida (next the US) and then a city (next to State).  Build credibility on the website; I think it works better than advertising.
If your native language is something other than English, I'd encourage you to Ask Questions in your native language.  That will definitely set you apart
These public blogging platforms don't have much help in spelling, grammar or typing.  I frequently copy and paste my posts into a word document so that check is done for me there.  Once I've corrected the mistakes, I paste it back into the Answer block. 

On this network ? Or the entire internet ?

On this network - answer questions you are familiar with and have had a lot of experience in .

On the entire internet - either google adwords or yahoo local for your area.
Having a website helps to and they are not that hard to build.
I built mine myself from a template.
Just search " build your own website" to see what is out there .

Profile picture for Mark LeMenager
John, Have trouble reading English do you?  I'm always glad to help out folks who don't speak English as their 1st language.  My foreign clients compliment me on my skill at it.  On the other hand, if a professional company wants to advertise in English, then it should be good English regardless of their native tongue.

Profile picture for Mark LeMenager
This is a start, but if you want to present yourself as a professional on line good spelling and grammar is a must.  Whose going to hire someone who can't communicate in English?