Profile picture for whitedawg

I need a mortgage co that has experience with the aviation community and understands commuting

The companies I have been dealing with do not understand that commuting is a way of live in the airline/aviation industry and will not consider the purchase a primary residence, I really dont want to half to put down 20% or more for what they consider a second home
  • April 27 2011 - Navarre
  • 0

It is true with that the way the Mortgage process is laid out that you will have a difficult time getting a loan on a second home without a substantial down payment. My of the Banks are very gunshy with the current amount of foreclosures on the market, so their rules are becoming ever more strict. I know someone here locally I can refer you to in Navarre. She is my go-to gal, and I would say if she can't get it done then I dont know who can. If you are interested with me setting you up with her, let me know.

WhiteDawg,

Shop around. You'll find a portfolio lender in FL. We have two in CA that will lend on two primary residences. Very common with borrowers in the Entertainment Industry.

Happy funding, Rudi

Profile picture for shapiroamg
Sounds like you might need to have your home in Memphis on the market or under agreement in order for a possible FL purchase to be considered a primary. I know and understand how its possible for one to live and commute that distance with the career you have, but how can a lender or bank be certain that will be your prmimary if you still own in Memphis??

Profile picture for whitedawg

I work for FedEx and own a home in Memphis and want to move back to florida. 

How far away from your current residence is the property you are looking at? Where is your home base or primary airport? Do you have a primary route that you fly on a consistent basis? I work with a lot of Delta pilots here in Utah that have a home in Park City and one in Atlanta. I have run into this before.

I take it you already own a home then?