Profile picture for LarryBradshaw

I need a person who will Help me fix-up my House ... (WITHOUT it costing me an arm and a leg) ...

... so that it will sell faster and for more money.
I've seen a show on "Bio" (a Cable TV Station) and it's called:
Sell This House!
............. That's what I need!
  • February 07 2014 - Lake Forest
  • 0

Profile picture for aracz
Hi Larry,

Ask around to see if there are any local contractors that are willing to be paid out of escrow when the home sells.

Please let me know if I can be of further service.

Kind regards,

Arpad

Well that is a reality TV show. Unfortunately they are not realistic.!
  The cheapest way to "fix up" without an "arm and a leg" is to DIY ( do it yourself). Most home repairs are not so hard to do, and perhaps you can bring in a handy person, to help you with the more difficult things. Painting, light repair work are not too hard to do  yourself. 
Sweat Equity...goes a long way.

All good comments, I agree with Doreen, many Realtors seem to be well connected.  I recommend a good handyman who is reasonable, I find that contractors prefer more profitable jobs like kitchens and baths etc. where a good handyman with a full time job prefers side work.  

Profile picture for Sambarnes
It's always a good idea to work your personal network first, friends, family, your Realtor first to see if you can get any contractors with a personal recommendation. If  that's not an option you should check anglieslist, or other local service sites. 

I agree with Dorene. If you have a relationship with a Realtor that you trust they would likely have relationships with reputable contractors. If you are concerned about what a contractor charges you can get bids from multiple contractors before you settle on one. It would be wise to leverage the expertise of someone you trust who knows how to maximize the value of your home in preparation for listing it. Most contractors will not have this expertise.

Hey Larry,
[contact information deleted by ZIllow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

I agree with "fixing " your house so that you can present it well and get the highest offers. If you hire a local Realtor to list your home, chances are they will have connections to handymen, painters, contractors, landscapers, roofers, home stagers and so forth.
These are the people who will "help you fix up your house!"

Most contractors are crappy at prioritizing jobs, most decorators are crappy at controlling construction costs. You need to target the areas yourself and then subcontract the work you need. Any professional team coming in will empty your pocket faster than you can say beep.

Or you can try to submit your house to the show for help if they travel to your area....