Profile picture for sweetcakemac

I need the house in my name

d

March 09 2010 - Louisville

For many divorces... buyouts of a spouse are not considered cash out and therefore, (if value is there) a rate/term REFI is possible in your own name... Post a request should you choose on the marketplace or find a good KY lender in the directory.  :)

Profile picture for sweetcakemac
My husband and I are getting a divorce and the house is in both of our names with him as the co-signer.  My DTI is good but I don't think the value of the house will allow me to refinance in my name and I don't have money for any sort of fees accompanied by the refi.  Can you help?

Profile picture for sweetcakemac
I need your help then Martin!

Also, depending on what stage of the divorce you're in, you may need certain documents filed with the Court and signed by the Judge. For example, if there is not yet a final decree in your case, you will have to file a document, entitled a consent order, that basically says that although the divorce if  not final, both parties agree to transfer amongst themselves as they see fit the subject property and refinance or sale as they see fit, without objection from the other party.
If there is a final decree, it would have to specifically reference the actual property and what is to be done with it.
Finally, a warranty deed/quitclaim deed will need to be signed  by your ex-husband, transferring the property to you and that could be done at closing.
E-mail or call if you need a sample of the consent order or need further clarification. Thanks.

I need the house in my name
Profile picture for Sanjay Patel
Latest reply by Sanjay Patel

1. 8704 Filson Fields Ct, Louisville, KY Home For Sale
    8704 Filson Fields Ct, Louisville, KY 40219

2. 1200 Bicknell Ave, Louisville, KY Home For Sale
    1200 Bicknell Ave, Louisville, KY 40215

3. 2001 Lancashire Ave UNIT 304, Louisville, KY Home For Sale
    2001 Lancashire Ave UNIT 304, Louisville, KY 40205