I need to buy a cheap home!

My name is Kelly and I have 2 kids, and we are looking for a home or a trailer in the Arlington or Grand Prairie TX. I am on 2 types of probation, and i just got out of prison November 2013 then had to go to the halfway house. I got out of the halfway house March 16th, and it has been rough. So what I am doing now is begging for help. So if you have any info that will help me and my little girls get into a place, we would appreciate  it so much. My goal is to not let my girls go threw what I went threw in life so I will not give up, I will stay strong for my little family. Thanks everyone :)
  • June 21 2014 - US
  • 0

Start by talking with a lender to see what you can afford with a down payment and income. 

Sometimes renting is a better choice that buying because it will help build up your credit and allow time to save a down payment.  It can also provide you a chance to show your little girls how to responsibly approach big financial decisions.

Zillow has a buyer's guide that has many useful articles on the steps.