Profile picture for spenhen721

I need to have my home re-evaluated ASAP. I just updated the home facts. Can I fast track?

I just updated my home information on Zillow.  It was listed at 400 square feet smaller than it really is.  I am listing my home for sale within a week, probably for sale by owner.  However, now the house appears with updated information, but not an updated value.  I know a lot of buyers use Zillow to evaluate values.  Is there any way to fast track the process of re-evaluating the value of my home?  My address is 1837 Elizabeth Ave., Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 27103.  Any help you could provide would be great.  Thanks
  • March 04 2010 - Winston-Salem
  • 0

Profile picture for natewolf
If buyers are using Zillow to evaluate homes they are doing themselves a disservice. The Zillow Zestimate is WAAAAAY off in most cases. My own home is seriously undervalued by over $200k. They make no adjustments and cannot evaluate properties based on current condition or other market factors-- only sales prices in a neighborhood. And half the time the neighborhoods and comparable properties are not correct.

Are you able to access the "comment on Zestimate" feature?  As a Realtor, I can go in a agree or disagree with a Zestimate and state why I believe the evaluation is incorrect.  I'll be glad to take a look at it.  Just let me know if you are able to access that feature yourself.
Hopefully helpful...
Jane

I do not think that there is a way to do that. If there is, I have not seen it. I think I read that the home facts will fully update in 6-8 weeks. When I updated mine a while back, it took less than that and I did not see the change all at once. It was like the new facts slowly integrated into the Zestimate value over the course of a few weeks, but it may different now. I don't know.